Our ‘Positive Connections’ mental health project will work with BAME women from Southall and Greenford wards, who have faced depression and anxiety following long periods of lockdown or migration trauma.
We will establish a partnership, providing services and activities at hubs that improve their mental well-being through:
· weekly peer support sessions Train 12 female mental health champions
· mental health street stalls
· Sharing support options through a directory of community mental health support
· Well-being celebration events during three festivals ie Eid Diwali, Vaisakhi etc
· Involve migrant women in World Mental Health Day activities
Our neighbourhood based approach will help BAME women (aged 30-70+) who are facing moderate to severe mental illness. These sessions will help women understand how to manage their mental health, adopt coping strategies and signpost/refer them to complementary mental health support across Ealing.
This project is funded by Ealing Council.