The ‘Let’s Talk’ project is funded by the People’s Health Trust and will help lockdown affected Southall residents improve their mental well being through shared activity sessions. Most of the sessions will be weekly but others may be monthly or spaced throughout the year to involve larger numbers of people but all will let people tell their stories and experiences.
These activities will include :
· weekly arts sessions – painting, drawing, mapping journeys using collage etc
· community festival filming project – visiting shops, homes and faith venues to get participants recording each others cultural celebrations
· monthly poetry recital and coffee mornings – invite to coffee mornings where users will be assisted to write and share poetry about their lives and lockdown
· photography project – learning street photography skills that capture residents lives and daily routines
· acting/performance workshops – teaching users to speak publicly, perform, act in a group etc